Thursday, May 8, 2008

The How WIll You Sleep

You would do anything lately not to have to dissect your life. Any distraction will do.

During the day, you watch TV, you cook, and then you rollerblade. You look forward to rollerblading. You're glad you decided to try it, and that Sweetie had the persistence too make you follow through with the idea. Even now, you want to rollerblade. You want to go around the lake, but it's 1:48 AM, and the Lake would be a dangerous place right now, so you'll wait until daylight.

A few hours ago, you distracted yourself with Mongolian BBQ, and then the 9:40 PM showing of Iron Man at the Southdale Mall AMC Theater. You were with Sweetie and your friend Summer.

At the moment, you're distracting yourself by watching 28 Weeks Later on HBO On-Demand, which you know is a big mistake. Your internal parent is screaming at you to turn it off. It's such a depressing movie. How will you sleep when it's over?

2 comments:

Michael said...

Some early morning, I hope to see a lone rollerblader cruising around the lake as I round it on my scooter.

I'll give a nod.

erin said...

28 weeks later makes me wicked twitchy, yet I can't NOT watch it. Seriously, I watch it, then I have nightmares that the rage virus hits CA. It's a vicious circle.